I’ve learnt over the last 6 or so months, diet just isn’t enough for health. You can eat all the organic veges in the world, but if you live in a shitty environment you’re just throwing away your hard earned cash and still heading for an early grave… Now when my beloved far too intelligent husband started talking about changing our environment i was all like “whut the hey” what does this even mean. How can environment play an even bigger part of wellbeing and health than diet? I mean diet and exercise fix us right?? Well i’ve learnt thats just not the case, i’ve gotten healthier by firstly environment, followed by diet and you know what? Exercise doesn’t even really enter the equation. That freaking you out?? Lets chat about exercise, i constantly move all day (working in hospo) I’m in the ocean 3-7 days a week, and i skate 3 kilometres every week. AND THATS IT! And i’ve managed to loose 10 kilos. Of course my diet is pretty much in check with no shitty processed crap and a sweet FA sweets, but the weight started to shift when we changed things in our environment.
1) Blue Light… Blue light (i.e. tv, computer, smart phone etc) completely fucks up your circadian rhythms which is paramount for good health, so to combat detriment blue light whilst still living in 2015 and enjoying technology we’ve changed a couple of small things. Firstly we have flux on our computers and smart phones, and from about an hour before sunset we wear blue blocker glasses, the glasses are fucking ugly and somewhat remind me of rave days in the 90s BUT they have totally helped with unwinding at the end of the day and not feeling wired from too much blue light and then not being able to sleep which leads me to…
2) Sleep… The old saying you can sleep when you’re dead, well hey buddy if you don’t get much sleep now, you’ll be dead before you know it so heres an idea get some fucking rest!! Im so peeved off for not taking full advantage of nap time as a child, why the hell was it sooooooo depressing to get the arvo kip? If i could go back in time id tell miniature me to lap it up. Enjoy the mother fucking nap… In our house, its pretty rare to get less than eight hours sleep a night. We make an effort to rest and recover from our day of hard work, and i defiantly can say thats a huge reason why I’ve recovered so fast from candida.
3) WIFI… well it just doesn’t exist in our house. End of story. I sleep so much better from not having it in the house. Don’t want to live in a microwave.
4) The ocean… Im in the water at least 3 times a week no matter the season. I feel recharged and grounded from my ocean dips. Spirtually and physically i feel amazing. The ocean is such a great healer. It centres me and washes away all my worries.
5) Negative people… this is something i just can’t deal with. We’re all known to moan and bitch from time to time, but theres just those people out there that cry victim. First world problems can do all our heads in, but shit is only escalated by negative attitudes, and that energy they expel is draining. You know that person that just doesn’t see how magical life is, only chooses to see the dark clouds not appreciate the beauty of the sun shining thru or the rainbow thats being created by gloomy skies. Everyday be thankful of something in your life! Starting with positivity makes a huge difference, get rid of nasty vibes, i defiantly limit my time with people like that. Because bad attitude gets you absolutely no where. And i hate feeling like someone has raped my soul.
So thats a few things we’ve done to change, I aint no doctor but shit these things have made me feel real good.