I found a delish carrot cake recipe on Thermomix Recipe page. Its sound delightful, but i can never follow a recipe without making a few tweaks! The carrots i used were from the Bendigo Farmers Market, they were so so sweet, maybe the best carrots i’ve ever had. The original recipe is here. And this is my rendition. She may not look pretty but she tastes superb. If you don’t have a thermomix, you’ll be able to make this in a food processor, just use almond meal instead of raw almonds, and grate the carrots first.
300 grams raw almonds
4 large carrots cut in inch blocks
an inch of vanilla bean
2 tsp cinnamon ground
1/2 tsp nutmeg
60 grams avocado oil
60 grams maple syrup
2 tsp Gluten Free Baking Powder
90 grams cranberries
Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Place almonds in mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 9 or until milled – if you are in tune with your Thermomix you can hear when most milling, chopping, grating is done).
3. Add carrots and grate 5 sec/speed 6 – it will mix with the almond meal. Scrape down the sides.
4. Add eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, oil and maple syrup and mix 15 sec/speed 5.
5. Add baking powder and combine 5 sec/speed 5.
6. Add cranberries and mix on Reverse 5 sec/speed 4.
7. Pour into a prepared 20 centimetre baking tin and bake for one hour or until cooked through.
8. Remove from oven and cool completely in the tin, then turn out.
9. No need to ice! i just ate with a spread of butter.